" Watching Wallace + Gromit at Christmas is a treat. They reflect our wacky British sense of humour. Encompassing their trade mark ingredient I've designed a this interesting soup. Cracking cheese! "
- 25 gs veggie marg or butter
- 80 gs diced red onion
- 50 gs diced, peeled rhubarb + 15g finely diced rhubarb
- 50 gs diced, raspberries
- 15 gs finely diced raspberries
- 8 fl-ozes clear vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 fl-ozes fresh orange juice
- grated zest of 1 orange
- 4 fl-ozes double cream veggie or non veggie
- g grated white WENSLYDALE CHEESE
- 1 handful finely chopped watercress or parsley or coriander
- seasoning to your taste
- beetroot food colouring optional
Melt the marg or butter in a pan and gently fry the onion and diced rhubarb until soft. Add the diced raspberries, clear stock and bring to a simmer add the orange juice. Liquidise. Add the cream to loosen the soup. Sieve and return to a clean pan. Add more stock or cream if required at this stage, together with the grated cheese, grated zest, finely diced rhubarb and diced raspberries. Bring to a gentle simmer and add the selected herbs.
If you prefer a pinker version of the soup add beetroot food colour and fold in gently. During the development of this soup it was agreed it was enjoyed hot or cold.