" Although British I grew up in Portugal. Food there is all about bringing friends and family together and using local bountiful ingredients. This never fails to warm my family up! "
- Quantities for soup for 4-6 people
- 2 white onions- diced
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 4-6 Floury potatoes- peeled & cubed
- 800-1000 of hot water (or stock)
- Choriço/ chorizo sliced in discs ~ 0.5cm slices
- Curly kale finely shredded
- Sea salt + Black pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
1. Heat 2 splashes of olive oil in a non-stick pan/ skillet and add the onion and crushed garlic for approximately 2-3minutes until soft.
2. Add the potato cubes and stir for 2-3minutes- then add the water. Add pinch of salt. Cook until potatoes soft and starting to disintegrate (part of the charm)~15-20minutes
3. In a non stick frying pan fry the choriço and pat off excess oil.
4. Then add the cooked choriço to the potatoes and onion mix- stir
5.Add the shredded kale and stir for ~1-2min
6. Season and serve with fresh crusty and smoked paprika oil.