"A beautifully zingy and fresh soup. The orange juice lifts the flavours of the sweet tomatoes and the smokiness of the roast peppers. A family favourite!"
- 6 red pepper
- 2 X tins tomatoes
- 1 pint vegetable stock
- 400 mls orange juce
- 1 handful torn basil
- 2 tsps sugar
- Crème fraiche (optional)
- Olive Oil
1. Halve the peppers and place in an oven-proof dish. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 30 minutes in a hot oven (200°C).
2. Chop peppers and retain the juices in the dish.
3. Fry the onions in olive oil until softened.
4. Add the prepared peppers and juices, tomatoes and sugar and season well.
5. Add the stock, and the basil and bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Add the orange juice, stir well and blitz. (Watch the colour change!)
7. Stir through two to three tablespoons of crème fraiche and serve.